3-Flex electronic control unit key features and unique advantages:
· Standalone control unit allows 3-FLEX installation anywhere in the house.
· Programmable for dual-heat with plenum heater or tri-heat operation.
· Electronic Solid state construction in attractive indoor enclosure.
· Organized wiring eliminates usual “rats-nest” HVAC control wiring.
· Compatible with most common HVAC systems.
· Accommodates standard 2 stage heat 1 stage cool thermostats.
· Separate, custom build CSA/UL approved multi-stage electric element Plenum heater with pressure switch.
· 3-Flex sensor #1 detects outdoor temperature to control plenum heater output.
· 3-Flex sensor #2 disables plenum heater when external temperature exceeds +55°C.
· 3-Flex sensor #3 detects thermostat night-time setbacks to dynamically delay plenum heater activation during first-heat in order to arrive at set-point at the desired time independent of outdoor temperature.
· Incorporates dual-heat “fossil fuel kit” functionality.
· Dynamic controlled (outdoor temp. dependent) plenum heat during defrost cycles eliminates cold air influx.
· “Flex trim” adjusts for optimum heat-pump output and building “heat-loss” characteristics, resulting in optimum efficiency and comfort.
· Plenum heater dynamic delayed “boost mode” quickly raises house temperature during “first heat” recovery.
· Accommodates motorized fresh-air damper to prevent cold air infiltration when furnace is off.
· Terminal block connects Electric Utility low temperature dry contact switch to fossil fuel furnace only operation.
· Terminal block output activates central humidifier only when air-handler fan is running.
· 3-Flex is powered-down and furnace enabled whenever house thermostat is in E heat mode.
· Automatic transfer to heat-pump and/or plenum heat and in case of furnace failure.
· Automatic shutdown of heat-pump and plenum heater in case of air-handler insufficient airflow or fan failure.
· Automatic shutdown when fan-on command from thermostat is absent.
· 60 Sec. Air-handler fan cut-off delay extracts residual heat/cool from the heat-pump indoor heat-exchanger coil after house thermostat demand for heat/cool is satisfied.
· 3-Flex feature allows furnace on/off temperature hysteresis can be set to furnace on at W, off at Y thermostat command. Thereby increasing furnace cycle time and improving efficiency.
· Optional load manager with active current monitoring at main breaker allows for 3-Flex operation using most 100A /200A power panels.
· 3-Flex power consumption nominal 1Watt, connects to existing HVAC 24VAC Power supply.
3-Flex and T-eco control units are an integrated part of a heating system and carry a
standard 2 years parts and labour warranty. Extended warranty is available at extra cost.
The electric plenum heater for tri-heat carries a typical 10 year warranty for heating elements during normal use.
What heating system can offer the
“biggest bang for your buck”
during a typical mid-winter day ?
Mono-energy. (D rate)
A. Oil furnace
B. Electric furnace.
C. Gas furnace
D*. Oil furnace + heat-pump.
E. Electric furnace + heat-pump.
F*. Oil /Gas furnace + plenum heater.
Tri-energy. (DT rate)
G*. 3-FLEX + oil or gas furnace /heat-pump /plenum heat.
Geo-thermal. (D rate)
H. Geo-thermal heating.
* Eligible for Hydro Québec DT rate.
** Actual 2012/13 Quebec energy costs are used for this example. Room temp: 21°C, outdoor temp: -7°C. During 24 hours an equivalent of 0.864 GJ in heat must be generated to maintain room temperature.
(air source heat-pump:3 tons).
3-FLEX™ slashes home heating bills!
All heating components are connected to the 3-Flex control.
Patent pending and independently tested 3-FLEX, “Tri-Energy control unit ” can be
Installed with both new or existing forced air, dual-heat systems with oil or gas furnace.
By adding a special (CSA approved) electric plenum heater it creates a tri-energy heating
system managed by the 3-FLEX control unit.
This configuration reduces fossil fuel use by up to 80%, by extracting maximum
efficiency from each heating component, resulting in typical overall home heating
costs reductions of 50% or more, over and above dual-heating costs.
In addition the “flex trim ” controlled plenum heater eliminates unwanted house
temperature fluctuations, commonly experienced with dual-heating systems.
- Alternatively the 3-FLEX with plenum heater can also be installed with an Oil or Gas
furnace and A/C unit, resulting in big energy cost reductions and improved home comfort.
And when it’s time to retire the old A/C unit, the 3-FLEX controller can be easily
reprogrammed for tri-heat operation with heat-pump, for even more savings.
Heating control device cuts dual-energy heating costs by 50% or more.
Potentially saving tens of thousands over the service life of your heating system.
The chart below compares the cost of heating a typical home
over a 24 hour period using 8 different** heating systems.
3-FLEX control module
with/without protective cover